Home » LRA MEMO

LRA MEMO

To: Crystal Rodwell

From: Atiqa Chowdhury

Date: Tuesday, March 16th, 2022

Subject: Lab Report Analysis Self Reflection

I did not edit or revise thoroughly in my Lab report analysis. This can be solved if I wrote multiple drafts.

I have a clear argument in my essay and my topic sentences connect back to my thesis. I organized my paragraphs by sections of the report which was effective because I compared the sections to each other. I was constantly referring back to the reports while writing, but I did not use many quotes. Most of the critiques in the lab reports were summaries, and I didn’t go back to shorten any sentences. I have many grammar errors, most of which concern differences in the present and past tense. Some of my sentences and paragraphs are repetitive and the last paragraph before my conclusion is rushed.

These issues impacted the clarity of my argument and the formality of tone within my writing. The tenses and repetition make readers confused and draw attention away from the main argument. Without having quotations from the text, the paragraphs don’t have much substance and my claims have no evidence as proof. This can make readers disregard my argument entirely.

The goal for the Lab Report Analysis was to analyze the structure of three lab reports. I did this by comparing some sections in one report to other sections in the other reports. I kept reminding myself of the audience this was directed towards, so my critiques will have more substance. Although I do believe I have a sound argument about what my three reports did, the execution makes the argument dull.

For my next assignment, I will need to add multiple drafts to the editing and revising process. If I write multiple drafts, the tenses and grammar errors will not be as apparent. Additionally, bringing a completed best draft can help with this, as for this assignment I brought a half-completed draft. With a full draft, editors could give me specific spaces to add quotes into my paragraphs as stronger evidence.